This policy explains how and when Digital.govt.nz collects personal information, what we do with it and your right to see or change it.
We don’t use, share or transfer personal information in connection with the site except as set out in this policy.
You do not need to disclose personal information to use this site
You can use the site without disclosing any personal information.
Your disclosure of personal information
You may choose to disclose personal information to us in submission forms. This information is send by secure email to certain Global PC staff and sometimes third-party contractors who work with us.
If you provide us with a submission form, that submission form will be sent to appropriate Global PC staff. We may pass on relevant content from that submission form to third parties who are participating in the particular request or consultation that the submission form relates to. This could include your email address and other identifying information.
Do not include any sensitive personal information in submission forms.
Statistical information and cookies
Statistical information collected
- We may collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve the site. This information is aggregated and doesn’t identify you personally. It includes:
your IP address
- the search terms you used
- the pages you visited on our site and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the site
- the referring site (if any) from which you clicked through to this site
- your operating system, for example Windows XP, Mac OS X
- the type of web browser you use, such as Internet Explorer, Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- other things like your screen resolution and the language setting of your browser.
Use of statistical information
The statistical information referred to above can be viewed by site administrators and certain other Global PC staff.
This site generates persistent session cookies (that is, they have an expiry date and are removed on that date) for the purpose of monitoring site usage. The cookies don’t collect personal information. You can disable them or clear them out of your web browser without affecting your ability to use the site.